100 Side Hustles by Chris Guillebeau: Book Summary & Review
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for which we may receive a commission when to click on the link and purchase. We appreciate your support.
There are many ways to make money on the side. Everyone would love the idea of diversifying their income streams, which ensures they don’t depend on a single income if there is economic uncertainty.
One of the challenges to creating a side business and making extra money is the time commitment. This is because many people are committed and responsible for other things, such as family and professional work.
However, if you know how to manage your work-life balance in a well-organized way, you can work on your side business without sacrificing your full-time job.
In this 100 Side Hustles book review and summary, we will highlight some of the vital aspects that the author explains, and also mention a few side hustle ideas based on the real-world experience of different entrepreneurs in the book.
- In this book, you will learn different real-life successful business stories, where the author interviewed at least 100 business owners. Thus, readers can learn from business techniques and advice from those successful owners.
- With side business, it doesn’t need to give up on other responsibilities like family, and full-time jobs. The most important aspect is to use your time wisely, which means using your spare time to work on a side business if you want to earn extra income.
- The list of several hustle ideas that the author explains in the book, so readers may select one of them to build their side business.
Our readers get A FREE TRIAL WITH Kindleunlimited, Claim your first month free here.
How can we find side hustle ideas?
If you have read the book $100 Startup, you should know how popular Chris Guillebeau is, one of the New York Times bestselling authors, who has published several popular books associated with startups and side hustles.
With the $100 Startup, you learn some theoretical concepts that teach how to start a business with minimal capital and find ways to scale up your side hustle.
However, in the book” 100 side hustle“, there are many more practical concepts and work examples based on the truly successful business stories that the author conducted interviews of 100 business owners.
For this reason, it would be helpful to learn from other success stories and get an idea of how they come across and make extra money for themselves and their family.
The author explains several essential aspects, which we can use to find side hustle ideas and implement them in our real-life side business if we have a desire and commitment to make extra money.
The following are some of the side hustle ideas that the author mentions throughout the book, which I believe are super important to pay attention to:
- Use your expertise and practical knowledge to help others to become a better version of themselves or helps them to solve their problems. It could be considered one of the great sides hustles to make money because you add more value to your users and the community.
- ” Ideas are everywhere” I believe this is one of the best pieces of advice, which is to master the skill of open-mindedness and observation. By utilizing those skills, you are willing to learn from other successful people and find some opportunities along the way.
- “ Buy low- sell high“, in fact, this idea already existed a long time ago, but it’s still considered of the popular ways to make extra income, such as participating in trading physical products or trading stocks.
- Passive income ideas, perhaps, this is the best strategy to earn regular income even when you sleep, but it requires business owners to create a system that delivers value for their users.
There are many more side business ideas you may consider learning in the book, and if you are interested in further exploring those ideas, then I suggest reading the book for more information.
100 side hustles ideas based on the true success stories
What makes the side hustle business different from a full-time startup?
The answer is side business does not require owners to give up their full-time job, and they can manage their time effectively for their family, full-time jobs, and side business. It’s one of the core ideas the author wants to convey in this book.
Many people believe they may earn extra income or even more if they manage to scale up the business successfully, and yes, if failure, it doesn’t have any long-lasting damage to their finance because they still have a stable income from their main jobs.
Here is a list of several business ideas you would find from the book, and those ideas are based on real-life successful business stories:
- Make money from blogging
- Create an online course
- Create an app to teach people to follow good morning habits.
- Create a podcast
- Flipping books.
Throughout the book, you will explore many more great business ideas, which you may learn and imitate those success stories in your business journey.
Keep in mind that with each side business idea, the author includes several successful business stories, which is super useful for you to understand and learn how to apply one of those ideas in your business story.
What are other top Books by Chris Guillebeau?
Besides this book, you can also refer to other popular books, which will further help you expand your knowledge and skillsets regarding business ideas. Hence, you would be able to earn extra cash for yourself and your family.
Final Thoughts on 100 side hustles book
We discussed several important aspects of the book, which I believe would give you the necessary information regarding side business ideas, and helps you to make a better decision if the book is the right one for you.
If you are searching for resources or ideas to start a side business, consider reading this book to learn from different success stories and their experience.
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
The content is only based on the author’s personal opinion and experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.