Proven Ways to Start Affiliate Marketing Without A Website 2023
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and images for which we may receive a commission when you purchase through the link.
How to start affiliate marketing?
There are actually two main options you can consider getting started with an affiliate business as a way to build your passive income side hustle.
In particular, the Amazon affiliate program is an example of affiliate marketing for beginners to promote thousands of products to their followers without a website. In this case, they may consider finding reliable and quality products at an affordable price, which can add value to them.
Alternatively, the best option to earn money online is to create a website, which can pave more ways to multiple revenue streams.
In this post today, you will learn different approaches to making money side hustle as an affiliate without a website. Keep in mind that nothing is easy as it will require hard work and long-term commitment if you want to be successful.
- In this section, you will learn how to get started with affiliate marketing without a website. You may consider using multiple approaches to increase the chance of success.
- Keep in mind that “don’t spam“, be genuine and transparent with your followers and the most important thing is how you come across and help them solve their problems.
- Consider using social media to start your affiliate along with a website will be an effective method to build an online presence.
- Do not always contain affiliate links on your post because customers may not feel comfortable and may not visit your page again.
- Affiliate marketing with Amazon is one of the ideal starting points for beginners to learn and gain more knowledge within the industry.
1. Select the affiliate marketing niche
The first and foremost important task is to conduct proper research to highlight the most profitable business niche, which is relevant to your work experience and passion. Thus, you would be able to perform the task every week and be able to deliver value for the consumers.
According to the research, in order to build consumer trust, brands must build a high-quality and great customer experience, which can create value for the community.
For this reason, if you want to be successful in this field, there are several important aspects that you should not ignore such as choosing high-quality and reputable products within your niche, being genuine, and being transparent to customers.
In addition, without a determination of your niche market, it would be impossible to select the affiliate products to promote. It’s because the target customer segmentations such as the audience and locations need to address first and find ways to meet their needs and desires.
Another point that is worth mentioning is to research and select the low-competition affiliate marketing niche due to the fact that there are many professional and experienced affiliate marketers who have high credibility and a long-time reputation in the industry.
If choosing the high-competition niche, you will end up battling to gain market share against those professional and large marketing agencies. Thus, it would be hard to compete in the affiliate market.
Related reading: The Ultimate Guide To Select A Profitable Blog Niche: 6 Proven Steps
2. Email marketing
As mentioned before, many people build their passive income ideas by using a website to promote their products and service to customers. And, they need to invest a small amount of capital to build an online business like domain registration and shared hosting service.
One of the ways you can do affiliate marketing without a website is to use email marketing, which allows you to attract the attention of customers and address their needs and desires.
The following are several tips and good practices to consider:
- The first rule is not to spam too much by bombarding too many emails to followers’ and members’ accounts. It would have a negative impact on your credibility, reputation, and a bad user experience.
- Using email marketing to bring customers and clients to your business’s social media pages such as Facebook and TikTok or Instagram. It doesn’t matter whether you have a website or not, the important thing is to have a social media fan page for customers to engage and interact.
- Another great benefit of using email marketing is to add more value for followers and customers by providing them with discount offers or coupon codes- so that it’s a win-win situation to help them save money on their favorite products. In this case, you need to use the free design tool- Canva to create a professional template or product brochures before sending them to your followers.
Keep in mind that using email marketing can also increase the chance to build a great relationship with your followers and customers because your business keeps updated with them about important changes such as special deals, sales, or new content.
Some of the best free email marketing tools you should sign up for such as Mailchimp or GetResponse and start creating the template before sending it to your fans.
3. Social media
Perhaps, using social media to build an affiliate business is one of the most effective ways to get in touch with fans and audiences. However, the reality is that it’s not easy unless your social media site has a few thousand followers.
For example, an influencer with followers on Instagram can sign up for affiliate marketing with Amazon and attach a link to their post. His/ her will receive a small percentage of commission whenever followers use the link to purchase a product.
Importantly, do not always contain affiliate links on every single post on your social media sites because it may create a bad user experience and your followers may turn away from your site.
You will not be able to make any sales if you always try to sell affiliate products to customers, and you may violate the policy guideline of those social media sites so that you may get banned.
In order to be successful and earn regular passive income, the only way to stay in the industry for years to come is to provide useful and valuable content, which can further help your followers and readers improve their general information and knowledge.
In this case, they may click on your link and make a purchase. Thus, it allows you to earn extra cash as affiliate revenue.
The following are several popular social media, which you may use to build your business:
4. Consider using YouTube Channel
As you are aware, Youtube is one of the most lucrative channels to get started with an affiliate business as a side hustle because you are not limited to one revenue stream- it offers several ways to make money online such as monetizing content, selling your own products, or someone products.
At first, it’s important to concentrate on creating high-quality and original videos for your viewers and those videos should not include any affiliate products because you want to build the reputation and trustworthiness of your channel.
In addition, you can easily create a video by using your phone and other special editing software such as Wondershare to adjust the high-quality soundtrack and add music. It may take you some time to edit the best video before you upload it on your channel.
Keep in mind that the priority is to build up your channel credibility by creating valuable content and information that can help users to solve their current issues. Thus, you will most likely gain a number of viewers and subscribers over time.
When your site has more than 1000 subscribers plus a 4000-hour watch, then you may turn on the monetization option to earn money online by displaying ads across your videos. At this stage, use a more advanced tool like TubeBuddy to capture keywords and rank higher on the search engine.
Bonus tip: How to create a website for an affiliate marketing business?
As mentioned before, the most effective way to build a sustainable affiliate marketing business is to build an online presence for your business, which means you should create a website and directly promote affiliate products to your readers.
For this reason, you would be able to partner with some popular affiliate marketing programs such as ClickBank and Rakuten to find relevant products and promote them on your site.
The following are several required tasks to create a website for an Affiliate business, which require initial capital:
- Choose a relevant and professional domain name.
- Shared web hosting: at the beginning, it wouldn’t cost you much to find affordable and low-cost web hosting like Hostinger ( you can upgrade to premium web hosting when your site generates regular traffic and revenue).
- Must use the Google keyword Planner tool to search for targeted and profitable keywords.
- Free email marketing tools: Mailchimp or GetResponse
- Wordpress security plugins: may consider using Sucuri security.
In addition, you may pay attention to using an SEO plugin, which will help your site to increase its visibility on the Google search engine. The best free SEO plugins we suggest are Rank Math and Yoast.
Additional reading materials associated with affiliate marketing and passive income ideas, if missed, you should continue to read to further improve your knowledge.
> How to Start a Blog And Make Money: Guides to Launch A Blog
> What is Affiliate Marketing & How does it work
> Affiliate vs Adsense: Which Is Better For New Bloggers?
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
By Jiro Nguyen.
The content is only based on the author’s personal opinion and research experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.