Flippa Review: Guides to Buy and Sell Online Businesses
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and images for which we may receive a commission when you purchase through the link.
When it comes to flipping websites, people would think of several popular online marketplace platforms like Flippa, which allows members to buy and sell websites and other digital assets such as domain names and apps, just to name a few.
In fact, you would be able to sell one of your online businesses once it can generate regular revenues from different sources of income. The more revenue your digital asset can make, the higher the price tag it would be listed on Flippa.
Keep in mind that your digital asset must be older than 12 months before you can get the valuation- so that it will approximately determine the value of your online asset based on revenue, ad monetization, etc.
What is Flippa?
Table of Contents
Flippa is an online marketplace that allows members to participate in buying and selling digital assets, which include blogs, affiliate marketing sites, e-commerce websites, domains, and apps.
In particular, if you know how to blog and make money from it by generating different sources of revenue such as ad monetization, selling your products and service, and affiliate earnings. Then you are eligible to get the full valuation and sell your online business on Flippa.
Alternatively, you may consider flipping websites on this online marketplace to earn money online as a passive income source.
For example, If you are good at the valuation of digital assets, then you may purchase existing online businesses or domain names, scale them up for more revenue and make them look more professional. Thus, consider selling back to others.
How does Flippa work?
If you want to purchase existing online assets and make money by scaling them up in terms of revenue or the number of users. Then, Flippa is the place where you can find potential sellers and purchase online businesses based on your expertise and niche.
One of the biggest advantages of using Flippa is that this online marketplace allows members to buy and sell websites– ranging from small to medium sites. Thus, it makes it much more convenient for bloggers and start-up founders to find existing domains or websites for purchasing.
Before listing your web property on the platform, the very first thing to do is to get the estimated website valuation with Flippa, in which you need to answer several questions associated with online business operations and revenue.
- Estimate revenue over the past 12 months.
- The number of organic traffic per month.
- Revenue increase or decline.
- Your site age.
- Paid traffic such as Adword, and Facebook ads.
Once you answer those important questions, the system will take a few minutes to figure out the overall price tag so that you can confidently list your online business on Flippa.
Keep in mind that sellers need to pay a listing fee after getting the valuation- so that their sites can officially list on Flippa online marketplace for selling.
How to Buy and sell websites on Flippa?
Flipping websites is considered one of the lucrative sites hustle businesses if you know how to highlight the intrinsic value of digital real estate assets and purchase it at the right price.
The following are several digital real estate assets that you can find on the platform:
- Domain names.
- E-commerce websites.
- Affiliate marketing websites.
- Saas tools.
- Amazon FBS sites.
Before participating in buying and selling online businesses, you must complete the registration with Flippa and start listing your site on the platform.
- Complete the registration and verify your account with the platform- so that it will add more credibility to your profile.
- On your account dashboard, you can enter your online assets URL and select the business niche such as marketing, SEO, subscription, etc.
- Alternatively, you can jump to the valuation tool by answering several questions related to revenue and traffic to your site.
- Most importantly, sellers must provide a brief description of their blogs, websites, or e-commerce stores.
- Genuinely provide the revenue your site earns each month.
- Provide the traffic sources and page views such as Google Analytics.
- List your site on the platform for sale: there are several selling options to consider: 1. Auction listing, 2. asking for a fixed price 3. Setting a minimum price you can sell.
Keep in mind that you need to pay attention to the interaction and engage with buyers, which will increase the chance of selling your online asset at the preferred price.
- Complete the sign-up process and verify your account by adding a profile picture and other personal information.
- At this stage, you can start flipping websites, by searing for potential online property and making an offer.
- Conduct your research to further investigate the type of business you want to purchase, which you can minimize the mistake of paying overpriced.
- Actively communicate and continue to ask sellers questions relevant to the business operations and revenue as well as the detail of traffic analytics such as Google analytics.
It’s essential to take further research and investigation to determine the true value of digital assets before purchasing.
It’s because Flippa is a popular online marketplace, which assists both buyers and sellers to find a potential business deal on their platform, For this reason, scammers and bad users could be on the platform too.
More importantly, Flippa also has very clear policy guidelines in place for both buyers and sellers, which they need to strictly follow the platform’s rules to avoid being banned.
Those are the basic tips, which may help to increase the chance of selling and buying a website at the right price, and can earn money online by flipping online businesses.
How to sign up?
The process of completing registration with Flippa is quite simple as follows below:
- Go to the website’s official page and click the sign-up.
- Provide your email address and password.
- Open the email to confirm your account.
- Fill out your personal information and bank account detail to receive payment in the future.
Flippa pros and cons
The followings are the pros and cons of Flippa, which you could consider whether it is the right one for you or not.
- Free valuation tool, which allows sellers and buyers to highlight the estimated price tag of online assets.
- The platform is easy to use and navigate around.
- A great online marketplace to buy small and medium websites.
- Has a clear policy guideline for both buyers and sellers.
- There is a fee for listing your online asset on the platform.
- Be aware of scammers on site, so always follow the firm policy guideline or contact support if you need help.
Key Takeaways of Flippa review
- Overall Flippa is one of the great online marketplaces, which you can use to earn money online as a passive income by flipping websites or domains.
- Keep in mind that both buyers and sellers must do the due diligent research to further review digital real estate before making an informed decision. Thus, it could minimize the impact of paying overprice.
- Follow the platform’s policy guidelines to avoid the account being banned or terminated. Most importantly, you can always contact Flippa’s customer support team if you have any inquiries.
Additional reading materials relevant to blogging and side hustle ideas:
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
The content is only based on the author’s personal opinion and research experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.