How Many Google Adsense Ads Can You have On a Web Page?
When it comes to monetizing a blog, Google Adsense is the very first name that we should not ignore because it is one of the best contextual and best-paying networks.
In the past, website owners are only allowed to display up to 3 Adsense ad units on a web page, but the company has updated a new ad policy that permits bloggers to have more than 3 ad units on a single page.
For this reason, it creates much more opportunities for bloggers to increase earnings with Adsense. It’s important to adhere to Adsense program guidelines and policies, which ensure you don’t violate its policies.
In this article, you will learn the maximum allowed Adsense ad units that you should display on a single page, which allows you to make money online with Google Adsense while not impacting your website’s core web vital ( SEO).
Table of Contents
- Google Adsense has lifted the number of ad restrictions, which allows website owners to display multiple ad units on a web page.
- There are several manual methods to display ads and make money online with Adsense.
- Best ad practices that show you how to make money blogging for beginners.
- Keep in mind that it’s impossible to make money with Google Adsense without a website because this top ad network requires site owners to obtain a website with high-quality content before applying for Adsense approval.
Here are links to additional coverage of blogging for money. You should find out those relevant articles if you missed out.
1. Google Adsense has updated a “New Ad Placement policy”
In 2016, Adsense updated a new ad placement program policy that permits members to display more than three Adsense ads on a single page. The program also enables blog users to have more than three Adsense link units on a web page.
Based on the new ad placement policy, the program provides more earning opportunities for bloggers to make stable incomes over time by placing more than three Adsense content ad units on a page.
However, it’s important to adhere to the program guidelines and policies due to the fact that Google Adsense has very strict ” Ad Placement Policies” in place to disable your Adsense account if they found you violated their rules.
The following are several common mistakes that you should avoid when displaying Adsense ad units on a web page:
- Never encourage users to click on the ad units on your sites.
- Never use misleading words to ask users to click on Adsense ad units.
- Never offers any rewards or compensations to encourage users to click on Adsense ad units.
It’s clearly indicated that Google provides a very clear ” Ads Placement Policy”, which requires users to strictly follow the program guidelines and avoid their account getting banned from the network.
2. How to manually display Adsense Ad units on a web page
Even though the network has lifted the restriction on displaying more than three ad units, it’s important to maintain the quality of the site content and don’t aggressively display too many ad units on a web page because it creates a bad user experience.
Here are several manual techniques you should consider to display ad units on your site and make money online with Google Adsense.
- Login to your Google Adsense account, and select the overview to select the type of ads you want to appear on your site.
- Select the ad unit based on the following: “ Display Ads, In-feed Ads, In-article Ads, and Multiple Ad Units“.
- Copy and paste the code to your site, and it will show ads within hours
- Run the experiment after you choose a certain type of ad unit. You may change to a new ad unit if you don’t like it.
Based on my experience, ” Display Ads and In-article Ads” are the main driving force for increasing Adsense revenue over time.
It’s legitimate to combine Adsense with other ad networks but ensure not to put too many ad units on a website. And, Ezoic is the ad network that I recommend to display ads on your site as it helps to increase the overall site revenue.
3. Maximum Allowed Google Adsense Ads on a Web page
As mentioned earlier, users are allowed to display unlimited ad units on a web page based on the new ad placement policy. However, do not take it as an advantage and aggressively place too many ads on your website.
Your visitors may feel annoyed with your site’s bad ad practice, and they may highly likely turn away from your site. As a consequence, you can’t even increase your site earnings.
Based on my experience, I recommend you should display less than 4 ad units as it helps to balance content and ads on your site.
The main priority is to consistently deliver quality and original content, where your site delivers value to the overall internet community. That’s a good practice of following Google guidelines and the only way to increase revenue over time.
If customers feel you have added value to overall the improvement of the community and they don’t have any problem paying you back.
In addition, the only way for you to make money from blogging over time is to deliver high-quality content by using highly targeted keywords to include on your blog’s posts. Some of the keyword research tools you should consider using are Semrush and Google keyword search tools.
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for which we may receive a commission when to click on the link and purchase. We appreciate your support.
How many Adsense ad units you should have on a web page?
Users are allowed to display unlimited ad units on a web page based on the new ad placement policy. However, you should display less than 4 ad units as it helps to balance between content and ads on your site.
Can you adjust the number of ads on Adsense?
The answer is yes. You can either manually select ad units on your site or let Google automatically display ad units for you.
Can combine Adsense ad with other ad networks?
The answer is yes, It's legitimate to combine Adsense with other ad networks but ensure not to put too many ad units on a website.