Rover App Review 2023: Make Extra Cash For Pet Sitting
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for which we may receive a commission when to click on the link and purchase. We appreciate your support.
There are many ideas to make money on the side, which are the ideal starting points for students and freelancers to participate and earn extra cash, such as driving food delivery, helping the local community with daily tasks, etc.
In addition, if you love taking care of someone’s pet, consider applying for side hustle jobs on the Rover app. In particular, a platform is a place for the pet owner to find a suitable pet sitter and look after their dogs or cats at the daycare center or their home.
In this Rover app review, you will learn several areas of this platform, including exploring key features, how it works, and how to sign up.
If you love taking care of animals, then the Rover app may be your choice to make extra cash.
What is the Rover app?
Table of Contents
Rover is one of the leading online pet-sitting and dog-walking platforms that enables pet owners to find qualified pet carers and look after their pets when they are away or at work.
The platform was established in 2011 and has built global credibility and reputation, where it operates mainly in the US, Canada, Uk, and some European countries.
At the time of writing, over 2 million pet owners across the globe have booked with Rover to look after their pets. Significantly, the platform receives thousand of 5-star ratings from Trustpilot and Pet Parents.
According to Rover, one of the firm core principles is to ensure pets are received great care like family members.
How does it work?
At Rover, Pet parents will have peace of mind to find the potential suitor to do pet sitting while they are away from home or busy at work. Here is how it works for pet parents:
- First and foremost important is to take time and search for highly-rated pet sitters based on the number of customer reviews.
- For this reason, only select the pet caregivers with the most positive reviews so that they will treat your pet like their pet and look after your pet well.
- Make a payment via the platform app or websites, and the pet sitter will be looked after your pet by one of the great pet sitters.
In particular, the following are several pet services that you can consider using:
- “Dog Walking“
- “Boarding“: you will leave your dog or cat at care giver’s home for a night. The firm promise to look after your pets like a family member.
- “House sitting“: choosing this service, a pet sitter will come to your place and take care of your pet.
- ” Daycare“: it would be best for those who are busy with work for the whole day, they can drop their pet at a petsitter home in the morning and pick them up when finishing work.
In addition, students and side hustlers may take advantage of the “drop-in visit” service to give food and play with pets during their free time. It is one of the easy ways to make money by taking of animals.
Besides those animal services, Rover also offers virtual one-on-one training for your dog or cat, you can stay at home and provide the training and instruction to pet parents.
The following is how it works for pet caregivers:
- One of the advantages of taking animals on Rover is you have the option to choose your work schedule, rate, and 24/7 live support from the Rover app.
- In addition, if you love taking care of animals and want to find ways to make money on the platform, then you can offer multiple services on your profile, like dog walking, pet sitting, etc.
It will increase the earning opportunities for pet sitters to make extra money while they have free time. This side hustle job only works well for those who are compassionate to look after pets.
- Provide essential information on your profile relevant to your personal information, the pet you want to take care of, and size. This gives pet owners clearer information about who you are.
- Lastly, you can accept or turn down offers based on your work preferences and schedule.
What are the other benefits?
Based on the Rover website, in some cases, the firm may consider covering vet care fees for pet owners and pet sitters.
For further information about this benefit, you should read the “Guarantee Covers” to understand the terms and conditions of this program.
In addition, 24/7 service support will provide to both pet owners and pet sitters to ensure they receive adequate support during the pet caring period.
How long does it take to receive payment?
According to Rover, pet sitters can withdraw payment after two days of completing pet-sitting services. In other words, they can receive the fund back to their PayPal account after 48 hours after the job is done.
Importantly, if you want to receive the fund via check, there is a $2 fee for choosing this option.
How to sign up?
You must ensure that you are 18 or older, and also the platform will run through the background check to determine if you are eligible to become a pet sitter at Rover.
Other than that, it will take a few minutes to complete the registration process with Rover:
- To join Rover, navigate to ” Sign up”, in the top right corner of the website.
- Use either Facebook, Gmail, or Apple account to complete the account sign-up process.
- Next, pet providers need to answer a few questions and fill out the application form to get started with Rover.
- Keep in mind that Rover will run through the background check and determine if you are eligible to join the platform.
- If successful, one of the team members will notify you via email, and you can list multiple services on the Rover app.
Is Rover Worth it?
Rover will be one of the ideal side hustle jobs for students and side hustlers to make extra income while they have free time. The job will particularly suit those who love to take care of animals and offer dog walking for pet owners when busy with their work schedule.
For this reason, it is an excellent choice for both pet parents and caregivers because it creates a win-win situation for all involved parties.
The Rover app is a great online pet sitting and dog walking platform, which helps students and stay-at-home parents find several easy ways to make money by looking after pets, including dog walking, dog boarding, and house sitting.
For this reason, if you love taking care of and playing with animals, consider joining Rover to make extra cash on the side, in your free time, or during your University break.
Additional reading related to passive income ideas and ways to make money from home:
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
The content is only based on personal opinion and experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.