Toptal Review 2022: Is It The Reliable Site To Search For Freelance Jobs?
Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links and images that we may receive compensation if you click on the link and purchase, at no cost to you.
Are you currently searching for freelancing sites? to find work from home jobs including web development and remote jobs.
There are many reliable freelancing websites like Fiverr that you can consider spotting for professional and high-quality remote jobs to work on the side as a side hustle and earn extra income for you and your family.
In addition, Toptal is well known for its one of the best freelancing platforms to find highly skilled developers and project managers for your start-up or small businesses.
In this Toptal review, you will learn everything about this freelancing website in terms of key features, how it works, and its pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision about whether it is the right one to find a work-from-home job.
- Business owners use Toptal to search for the top ” 3%” freelancers on the platform, which means hiring companies only hire the top candidates to fulfill the available position in their companies.
- The process of getting admitted to the Toptal platform will be required you to go through several screening steps, which ensure you have the right skill and knowledge to perform the job at top companies.
- Generally speaking, the process of getting approval to the Toptal platform will be going through five steps, which you could consider getting familiar with to increase the chance of admitting to the platform.
- Toptal takes comprehensive screening processes to admit the top 3% of talented freelancers to the platform, which means beginners may find a hard time getting approved.
What is Toptal?
Toptal is considered one of the reliable online freelancing sites that allow freelancers to search for high-demand skills as developers and project managers as well as freelance jobs such as C++, web design, and web development jobs.
In addition, business owners use Toptal to search for the top ” 3%” freelancers on the platform, which means hiring companies only hire the top candidates to fulfill the available position in their companies.
From this pinpointed, the process of getting admitted to the Toptal platform will be required you to go through several screening steps, which ensure you have the right skill and knowledge to perform the job at top companies.
How Toptal works for freelancers?
Toptal is a high-end freelancing website that only accepts capable freelancers to the platform if they can pass all the test requirements, including language tests, technical and knowledge competency as well as a project assessment.
By joining the platform’s network of talents, you will have a chance to explore different ways to make money from home by finding top remote jobs from top companies. In other words, the Toptal team will match you to the right freelancing job based on your skills and competencies.
Generally speaking, the process of getting approval to the Toptal platform will be going through five steps, which you could consider getting familiar with in order to increase the chance of admitting to the platform.
- Step one: The very first step is the screening process, in which the candidates need to pass the English proficiency and personality test to identify whether they can deliver quality work and service to clients or not.
- Step two: After passing the screening test, you will assign to do a further technical test to prove that you have the technical skills and knowledge in the field that you wish to work. And, if passed the technical test, you will progress into the next stage of the interview process.
- Step three: At this stage, one of the experts from Toptal will conduct a face-to-face interview with you based on the case study and scenario, which demonstrates your confidence and communication skill.
- Step four: This is critical to your success as a top freelancer on Toptal due to the fact that you will participate in the ” test project” for a few weeks, which highlights your skill and knowledge competency.
- Step five: Congratulations on passing the screening process. However, you need to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction in terms of product and service delivery.
In addition, most of the freelance jobs on Toptal are remote jobs and work-from-home jobs, which means you will hardly find onsite jobs.
In terms of Toptal pricing, you would pay the freelancing fee higher than other freelancing websites, but it may be worth spending due to the high-quality talented freelancers you hire from Toptal.
Keep in mind that the fee will be varied based on the type of project and the type of freelancers. In other words, freelancers on Toptal are the ones who set their service fees that directly impact the fees companies will pay them.
Is Toptal good for beginners?
As mentioned earlier, Toptal takes comprehensive screening processes to admit the top 3% of talented freelancers to the platform, which means beginners may find a hard time getting approved.
Here is an additional reading resource that is relevant to freelancing for beginners:
You can find it out here: How To Start Freelancing With No Experience: 7 Steps
Is Toptal legit?
The answer is yes, Toptal is a legitimate freelancing platform that helps companies find high-quality freelancers. As you are aware, the firm takes a comprehensive five steps screening process to ensure that only capable and professional freelancers admit from the platform.
In addition, based on the Trustpilot customer reviews, Toptal receives more than 1,420 customer reviews for excellent customer service and product features for both freelancers and business owners, with 4.7 stars out of 5.
Toptal pros and cons
The following are the pros and cons of Toptal that you should identify in order to make an informed decision if it is the right freelance website for you.
- According to Toptal, clients would be able to find qualified freelancers in the fields of web development and project management.
- Only talented freelancers who pass the five steps screening processes to admit to the platform.
- Freelancers must continue to deliver high-quality service and products to satisfy clients’ requirements.
- As part of the screening process, freelancers must demonstrate they have the English competency to deliver quality work and service.
- Keep in mind that most of the freelance jobs on Toptal are remote jobs.
- You would likely pay the freelancing fee higher than other freelancing sites.
Final thought of Toptal review
We discussed the key features and pros and cons of the Toptal platform, which give you an overall picture of the type of freelancing jobs to search for from the platform.
If you have advanced skills and technical knowledge in your work fields such as web developer, project manager, and WordPress designer, consider using Toptal to earn extra income as one of your side hustles.
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
By Jiro Nguyen.
The content is only based on the author’s personal opinion and research experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.