The Popular Social Media Jobs to Consider
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for which we may receive a commission when to click on the link and purchase. We appreciate your support.
Social media marketing is considered a rapidly growing industry, whether you are searching for social media jobs to fast-track your career or flexible freelance jobs. If you have the essential skills and knowledge, you can help businesses and startups to build brand awareness and reach their target customers.
According to Hootsuite, over 4.7 billion people using social media in 2022, which means an increasing number of social media usage to 4.2%. Around 75% of the world population aged above 13+ use social media.
Based on the social media statistics, it indicates that social media marketing plays an important role to help businesses reach target clients and build online visibility.
For this reason, the demand for different social media jobs is on the rise, and companies are searching for talented employees or freelancers who specialize in social media marketing to help them build their brands and increase sales.
Let’s take a look at several popular social media jobs as a preference for you to prepare yourself and build a career within the digital marketing field.
Table of Contents
- Several popular social media jobs require freelancers to possess essential knowledge and skills that are in high demand. For this, select the right job that fits your experience, interest, and skills.
- In order to build a career as a social media manager, there are a few things you need to do to get ready, including developing your skills, learning more about techniques and skills in social media marketing as well as improving your writing skills.
- Whether you are searching for opportunities to fast-track your career or a flexible freelance work-from-home role, there are always popular traditional job sites or freelance websites to help you find the type of job you want.
- Don’t forget to attend the networking event to connect and network with industry leaders. For this, you will have the opportunity to learn from their experience and tips as well as the current trend within the industry.
What key skills are necessary for social media jobs?
Before we talk about different types of media roles to help you build your digital marketing career, the first step is to identify several important skills that we believe are critical to your success.
For example, as a social media specialist, you must possess excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking as well as the ability to work in a team. This is because you need to collaborate with other members on a regular basis to create an appropriate marketing strategy and schedule publishing new content across social media sites.
It’s important to note that on top of the required skills we are going to list below, but not limited to, you also must have the ability to work independently from home or do virtual work as well as be able to accomplish projects to meet deadlines.
- Competent in social media skills: as a social media professional, you need to have experience with different social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora, Pinterest, Youtube, TikTok, and Instagram. It is because each social platform works differently from others and has its own features.
- Digital marketing skills: perhaps, this is the most fundamental knowledge every social media professional needs to get familiar with because they must deliver value for the business by helping reach their target audience, driving organic traffic, and increasing sales revenue. It could be done by creating and applying different marketing techniques and strategies that work well with business long-term marketing goals.
- Excellent writing: this is also considered a critical skill that contributes to your success in the future. It’s because you need to publish short and long-term content that provides a clear and concise message so followers and audience can stay engaged with your business goals.
In addition, if you work in a team for a particular marketing project, you should be able to communicate effectively with them in order to deliver the project to the client on time.
- Analytical and market research skills: without data analysis skills, a social media manager would not be able to collect and synthesize the information to publish new copy or content. This skill is also critical to monitor and track the performance of the business campaigns based on data trends so they can make better decisions to improve business performance.
- Creativity: working on different social media platforms means you must have new ideas to create marketing campaigns and content marketing. For this, it may help your business to build relationships and stay engaged with the audience.
- Problem-solving skills: based on my experience, I believe problem-solving is also a must-have skill for every social media manager because “every day is a new life for a Wiseman”. This means you must have the ability to deal with different issues and be able to find a long-term solution to address them for your employer.
For example, your business’s current social media marketing campaign is not working well according to business goals and objectives. As a social media professional, you need to address the problem and submit a solution plan to help the business reach its targeted customers.
The four most common social media jobs to consider working as full-time or freelance:
It’s important to note that choosing the right social media marking job is one of the essential steps to help you build a long-term career in the field. Whether you work as a full-time, part-time, or freelance job is based on your personal preference and situation.
If you are a new graduate student or young professional, the ideal starting point is to attend a networking event and get advice from other top leaders or senior professionals about the industry and new trends. Indeed, working on your skills is important to progress in your career.
Let’s take a look at several top popular social media jobs for your preferences and consideration.
Social media content creator
If you are searching for full-time or flexible freelance work, the social media content creator job would be the perfect role to get started. The job normally requires employees to possess excellent writing and communication skills because they are responsible to create short and long-form content on different popular social media platforms.
In particular, the ability to design quality images, infographics, videos, and social media posts, to include in the content and help businesses to drive more traffic and build their brand reputation.
As a content creator, you also need to have a basic knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and the ability to use different keyword research tools to identify profitable keywords and include them in the content to rank higher.
Social media manager
A social media manager is considered a senior or manager position within the company. For this, the responsibility is much more different with social media assistants or content creators because this role requires a manager to create and execute the social marketing strategy for the business to reach its targeted objectives.
As a social media manager, you may have to manage and overseas several junior employees to ensure he/she can be able to do the job properly in order for the business to build an online presence across social sites.
Social media specialist
A social media specialist is a junior-level of social media manager. The role typically requires scheduling publish content and monitoring and measuring the performance of all activities of the business’s online presence.
To become a social media specialist, you must be competent in writing and communication skills, which means the ability to write clear and concise content to keep engaging with the audience.
In addition, the social media coordinator typically has a good understanding of different social media sites in terms of consumer behavior and analytics. For this, they would be able to create different marketing strategies to fit those platforms and drive performance for the business.
Social media marketer
A social media marketer is responsible for promoting the business brand and its products and services to potential customers by implementing different digital marketing techniques such as content marketing, promotions, paid advertising, and working with influencers, to name a few.
More importantly, those who work as social media marketers also have the responsibility to publish content and drive traffic ( paid and organic traffic) to the business’s sites. For this, they may help the business to meet its target objective by meaning and implementing the right method on each social media platform.
Several popular methods to find social media jobs
Whether you are searching for a full-time or freelance work role, there are always many job opportunities on professional job sites and freelance websites because large corporations or small businesses are hunting for the right talent to help them build their brand online presence.
As mentioned earlier, one of the effective ways to get into the industry and network with other key people is to attend the networking event. For this, you will have an opportunity to learn more about the role you want to build a long-term career.
The following are several professional and freelancing sites that help you to find the opportunity to work as a social media professional.
- LinkedIn: the largest professional and networking site that allows members to connect with other professionals and even find opportunities within their field.
- ZipRecruiter: is a leading online job marketplace, where job seekers can search for thousands of job opportunities from different job categories.
- Glassdoor: is a great resource for job seekers to find general information about the company culture, and the average salary as well as learn about common interview questions about the same role, which people post on the platform.
- FlexJobs: is the top job website where you can find high-quality remote jobs with reputable companies for full-time, part-time, or even freelance jobs. The advantage of using FlexJobs as the job board site to search for quality remote jobs is the firm will scan each job listing on its platform to ensure there are no scams on site.
- Toptal: is a premium freelance marketplace that only connects the top 3% of talented freelancers. If you can pass the screening test process, you can admit to the Toptal talent network and can find a role at reputable firms. Businesses can take advantage of the Toptal network to hire top talented freelance developers, managers, etc, to add more value to their organizations.
- Fiverr: is a freelance marketplace, an ideal starting point for freelancers and job seekers to learn how to interact with clients and build their work experience through short-term projects. If you want to develop your skills and work experience for better job opportunities, Fiverr is the right pinpoint for beginners to learn and show their portfolio to companies.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to start a new career. Then, don’t forget to read the job titles and role requirements that best fit your skills.
For example, you must have work experience for at least 1 to 3 years to work as a social media content creator and be able to publish engaging content and get engaged with the audience.
By using different resources available to search for opportunities ( networking, company website, LinkedIn, freelancing sites), you would be able to find the right position as a social media professional with reputable companies.
For beginners and students, who need to develop their skillsets and work experience. Consider joining freelancing platforms like Fiverr to build a freelance portfolio by working on several short-term projects. For this, they can seek opportunities elsewhere with other big companies on a full-time or part-time basis after developing the experience and skills needed for the higher responsibility role.
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips