The 3 Main Aspects to Learn About Google Analytics Tools for a Business to Analyze Data.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for which we may receive a commission when you click on the link and purchase. We appreciate your support.
When it comes to website traffic analytics, Google Analytics Tools provides a lot of information about traffic data related to your business’s current marketing campaigns and overall traffic performance.
In particular, this powerful platform allows bloggers and business owners to understand their site traffic locations and user behavior. For this, it helps them improve the current content marketing strategy to serve the customers’ needs and interests.
Based on my experience, this tool provides the most comprehensive traffic data and beginners may find it hard to absorb all the information in the platform. However, if you are committed to learning from this tool, I believe it would advance your career in terms of improving your analytical and data skill sets.
In this article, we only focus on the 3 important traffic metrics from Google Stats Analytics so beginners can get familiar with them first before deep dive into learning other tools.
Table of Contents
- Based on the research statistics, over 37.9 million websites currently use the Google Stats Analytics tool to track and understand their website performance.
- Without the Google Analytics tool, it is almost impossible to understand your website traffic performance and your current marketing campaigns.
- This powerful web analytic platform (Google Stats Analytics) provides a ton of traffic information and other related data, which makes it hard for beginners to absorb all the information at the same time. For this, I would suggest concentrating on learning the three main traffic metrics before starting to learn other marketing tools.
Understand users’ behavior and traffic locations
As a site owner, it’s essential to track and understand the current marketing performance of your business in terms of where the traffic comes from, how they find your content, and what type of content brings the most traffic.
It allows us to understand the audience’s needs and interests, then we can use this information to tailor our content marketing that delivers value to them.
Based on the statistics, Google Analytics is the most popular and powerful website analytic tool that is widely used by more than 37.9 million websites worldwide. If you want to improve your current digital marketing campaigns like online advertising or content marketing, then Google Analytics offers a suite of marketing features to help your business grow its market share online.
As mentioned earlier, Google Analytics provides in-depth traffic data on your website, which can help to improve your business’s current digital marketing strategy and generate leads.
Here are the several key traffic metrics beginners should get familiar with this website traffic tracker tool:
- Understand the visitors’ locations/geography. How they get to your site and where they spend most of their time on your site.
- Understand user behavior on your website. In particular, you can identify the average time visitors spend on your site. For this, you would identify the bounce rate and their engagement rate. If the users spend a longer time on your site with a low bounce rate, then your current content marketing strategy is working and providing more value to them.
In addition, Using data in Google Analytics provides an overview of your popular and unpopular content/web pages. On your Google Analytics dashboard, select pageviews and unique pageviews to highlight the most popular page/ article and the least popular ones.
For this, you can measure the effectiveness of your digital marketing campaign and highlight the weak points of your strategy, thus, it allows you to improve your content quality to meet visitors’ needs.
Provide the overall traffic performance of your website
Without understanding the insights into your blog or website traffic performance in Google Analytics, you don’t know where users come from, how they get to your website, and the average pageviews on your site daily, etc.
As a beginner, you don’t need to learn everything from this powerful web analytics tool, instead, I suggest focusing on tracking the overall traffic performance of your website, so this helps you to understand where your current campaign is and make necessary changes to your current digital marketing tactic to improve traffic performance.
The following are several important aspects you should use as a benchmark to understand your site performance:
- Number of users: The average number of visitors to your site in a period of time, pageviews, unique pageviews, popular articles, etc.
- Traffic sources: Identify where the visitors coming from, including organic search, social media, video marketing, email marketing, and direct channels.
- Devices: Understand the type of device they use to access your site, like smartphone, desktop, laptop, etc.
- Engagement time: Understand the average time visitors spend on a particular content and on your website.
By understanding those key traffic performances in Google Analytics, you can work with other departments of your company to identify areas for improvement and design an effective marketing plan to drive more tangible results.
Understand the ROI of your current marketing campaigns
Many digital marketing experts mention that the key to generating more leads is to understand your current campaigns. For example, sites with high engagement and low bounce rates suggest that customers are satisfied with their content marketing strategy.
In particular, after understanding website traffic performance and conversion rates, using Google Analytics will allow bloggers and website owners to understand which type of marketing campaigns generate the most traffic and conversion rates.
For this, you will identify which campaigns are working and others are not, and then you can use the data from the Google Analytics tool to allocate your online advertising budget to better one and drive more results.
After understanding the website traffic and conversion rates, this is the time to calculate the ROI of your digital marketing campaigns.
So the overall budget you spend for internet marketing- conversion rates + ad revenue.
Final Thoughts on Google Analytics Tools
Google Analytics provides a ton of information about traffic data and website performance, for this, you can use them to improve your current digital marketing strategy and increase sales revenues.
However, this powerful platform has a variety of marketing tools and contains comprehensive data, which makes it hard for beginners to absorb all the information within a short time frame.
For this, I would recommend blogging beginners and website owners learn and get familiar with this website traffic checker about three key traffic metrics first, then they can move slowly and learn other features from this tool.
This will help you to use this tool effectively and take advantage of all the features to help your business achieve the overall marketing objectives.
Further reading resources related to digital marketing and blogging tips are here:
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.