Best Website Builders in 2023 (Reviewed)
This post may include affiliate links and images that we may receive compensation for if you click on the link and purchase, at no cost to you.
You plan to start the website by finding the perfect website, especially for beginners. It could be one of the most tricky and difficult tasks in the process of creating your own business.
In the early stage, you try to save the cost expenses as much as possible and try to learn everything in order to create a website without hiring a developer.
The good news is you possibly can build a website on your own and with a little help from others, which you actually save a huge cost for design and installation. However, the first step is to figure out what website builder is the right solution for you because there are so many website platforms on the market.
In this article, we will take a step-by-step thorough review of the list of best website builders in terms of pros and cons. Based on the analysis, will help you to choose the best website platform, which suits your business needs.
Here is the list of website builders for your quick review and consideration. For further information, you should continue to read each one for more detail.
1. Blogger-perfect website builder for beginner-mainly used for hobbies and lifestyles.
2.Wordpress.org– Best for commercial to scale up the business ( Best website builder for small business)
3. Wix– Best for individuals to express their opinions and ideas ( Best website builder free)
4. Medium– Best for writers and can consider similar to a social media site ( Free website builder for freelance writers)
5.WordPress.Com- Best for blog beginners and building a blog as a hobby ( best website builder free)
6. Weebly– an ideal solution for a limited budget as the platform provides free self-hosting for websites and blogs.
7. Godaddy Website Builder– Best for blogging beginners with an affordable web hosting price and acceptable website builder features.
> How to Start a Blog And Make Money: Guides to Launch A Blog
> Best Ways for increasing Ezoic Ads Revenue
> The Ultimate Guide To Select A Profitable Blog Niche: 6 Proven Steps
1. Blogger- Free website builder
By far, Blogger is a perfect free website builder for a beginner due to the following reasons. It is easy to use, the platform offers completely free for a website designer, free web hosting with a google server and you don’t need to be a tech-savvy user to operate the platform because it is easy to use.
Most importantly, Google is the parent company of Blogger, so you don’t need to make a huge change on google Analytics and DNS servers as it is all set up and ready to run your website as a Blogger.
All you need to do is to create a Google account and start a website with Blogger. Just to give you a bit more information, Blogger was acquired by Google back then so that is the reason you are safe to use Blogger.
Another benefit of using blogger as a free website builder is that site owners can make money blogging by monetizing content with Google Adsense.
There are pros and cons of using Blogger for your website.
- It is by far the easiest-to-use platform as it is suitable for people who don’t have any technical expertise in web design.
- The second benefit of using Blogger is Google is the parent company of Blogger, where you will have peace of mind in terms of security, safety, reliability, and connection.
- It is completely free for blog beginners, who try to build a website for hobbies, social connections, and to express their opinion. And yes, you can make money along the way by monetizing with Google Adsense. Or alternatively, monetize traffic with Ezoic– earns money so much easier with your content monetization.
- The first disadvantage of Blogger is it does not normally update, or add new features or functionalities on its platform.
- For the design functionality, it offers limited options available for users, where it only has a few templates, even if go through with a third-party theme provider, they frequently provide a low-quality template compatible with Blogger.
- Another limitation of Blogger is you can’t add new blogging tools and other new features such as plugins when your blog expands its size and traffic.
- In addition, the blogger platform only has limited features and themes as well as tools available for web owners to design and build their blogs in a professional way. This’s because Google only uses one system to manage and operate the blogger website provider.
- And the last one could be the limitation of revenue earning streams, if you think to create a blog as another income source, then I don’t recommend going with a blogger. Because publisher only has limited choices to diversify incomes. For example, you may only have a choice to stick with ad monetization, most likely Google AdSense.
This is because, Blogger doesn’t have a comprehensive system for publishers to diversify their income sources such as turning to eCommerce stores, selling a direct ebook on your site, an affiliate program with other partners, linking to PayPal payment, etc.
Therefore, blogger is only good for those who love to use blogger as a hobby and personal passion as it doesn’t earn too much income on your site.
Overall, Blogger is the best website builder free for beginners, who don’t have a tech-savvy background and it is completely free using the platform.
Normally, people will start first with Blogger, and then slowly after the website grows in popularity, they will likely switch to using WordPress from Blogger.
2. Wordpress.org- Best Website Builder for blogs and e-commerce
Matt Mullenweg is one of the core founders of Wordpress.com, the platform offers free hosting with limited tools and functionalities.
The one I am talking about is Wordpress.org- this is one of the best website builders for blogs and small businesses because it’s a connection with major blog hosting companies across the globe such as Hostinger to expand your website worldwide. And, it automatically sets up a WordPress once you sign up with those companies.
Basically, you can get a blog hosting service with Wordpress.com for free, but you have to accept the fact that your domain name must include ….wordpress.com at the end And it is unprofessional to build your blog that way.
For this reason, spend a few dollars for a good domain and hosting provider and it’s a matter of time before your site monetizes and uses the revenue to cover those fees.
Alternatively, Wordpress.org has the option for users to purchase a good domain, or you can go with a few best domain companies such as HostGator and Hostinger to select the best domain name.
In addition, they allow you to upgrade to a premium service or add additional storage when your blog expands its size.
- Wordpress.org isn’t required to be set up at the beginning and is ready to use within minutes if you have already signed up with a web hosting provider. And, all you do is log in to the hosting provider account then it will automatically connect to Wordpress.org, without any registration with WordPress.
- It has all the features and tools necessary to build a great Blog/ Website and it is super easy to use and manage.
- You are free to choose the template options with high quality that are available in WordPress or through third parties template providers.
- Wordpress.org provides full control of your website without any restrictions.
In case you plan to grow your blog in another direction such as an online store, then you should definitely stick with Wordpress.org because it allows you to do so. It is the best blogging platform to earn a real income.
- There are a ton of things that you need to learn in order to get familiar with Wordpress.org because the system is a more complex and comprehensive platform compared to others.
- You need to install or sign up with third-party providers in terms of security and backup to protect your account from getting hacked.
Overall, Wordpress.org is the best website builder for small businesses in terms of features and more advanced technology.
As mentioned earlier, bloggers or website owners need to select a reliable and affordable web hosting provider before choosing a good domain name.
For this reason, I recommend selecting hosting services with Hostgator or Hostinger due to the fact that users can get up to 65% off of web hosting services, plus a free domain name.
After you have gone through the domain and hosting provider selection, then we strongly recommend thinking of easy ways to monetize the website for earning money. It will help you to cover your expenses on the maintenance fees above.
Overall, WordPress is the best website builder for small businesses due to the complex features of the platform. However, it also can be used for the larger business website offering E-commerce or professional services to their customers.
3. Wix- Leading website builders
Wix is another popular platform for building a website. Unlike other hosted platforms, Wix has another strength in the drag-and-drop functionality, which is suitable for small businesses and individuals as it is friendly user technology and easy to use.
The company has expanded rapidly in terms of popularity and the number of users worldwide. It indicates this is one of the best website platforms in the market by far.
- It is easy to use and manage.
- There are so many themes and templates available to choose from, that you can get from third-party providers to customize your website
- As mentioned before, it has the drag-and-drop tool to build your website in a fast and easy way.
- You are not allowed to switch to another template or theme if you had chosen it from the beginning.
- The free version of the Wix service is limited as the Wix logo will appear on your website.
- In case you plan to build an eCommerce store with Wix, then there is a limited option available such as payment options and other features are also very limited.
Overall, if you are searching for the best website builder for small businesses or e-commerce, then Wix would not be a great option because the platform is not as advanced as other website builder platforms.
Read next: Propellerads- Reviews: Prices, Features, And Ads Sign Up
4. Medium- Free website builder for freelance writers
Medium is best suitable for people- who love to spend their free time as hobbies writing. This could be writers and bloggers as well as experts.
The platform offers an easy-to-use and free hosting version. However, like other social networking sites, you can not use your own domain to create your website as it works pretty much similarly to Facebook or LinkedIn.
One of the greatest benefits is to monetize your content with Medium. Once your site has reached 100 subscribers and has delivered high-quality and unique content, then you can consider applying for a partnership program with Medium.
In this case, you will be able to monetize your site on Medium and make money online.
- It is super easy to use as you just need to sign up similar to Facebook and be ready to post your own article.
- You don’t have the ability to add features or tools on Medium, so instead, you just need to solely work on your writing and upload articles.
- Can make money online by signing up for a partnership program with Medium.
- There is a limited feature and tool available on medium
- As mentioned, the Medium business model is similar to other social networking platforms- they are the ones, who control and manage your audiences, not you.
- The domain is not available on Medium as you can not create a domain for your website.
Medium is on the list of website builders for free due to the fact that users don’t have the option to select a domain name and web hosting, provider.
Once your site has more than 100 subscribers then you can apply for a partnership program with Medium to monetize your content and earn money online.
Read next: Best Google AdSense Alternatives To Earn Money: 2023
The next free website builder is WordPress.com, which was established by Matt Mullenweg, the co-founder of WordPress.
Even though the name WordPress sounds familiar to all blog beginners or website owners, Wordpress.com is a totally separate entity compared to Wordpress.org in terms of services, products, and business operations.
In particular, Wordpress.com is a much more simple site, which runs by using a free hosting service. Specifically, you will almost get a free domain and website hosting with Wordpress.com because it offers limited features and functions compared with Wordpress.org.
In more detail, we shall continue with the analysis of the Pros and Cons of this website platform.
- It’s super easy to use and almost free for web hosting and other related services. Worpress.com will do its job to help you take care of daily backup and web hosting services.
- Free for choosing a domain, but you must accept the fact that it is not an ideal domain for a professional blog or business use because it has “https.xxxxx.Wordpress.com” at the end of the domain.
- Wordpress.com provides a good editing tool for you to organize your site.
- The biggest disadvantage of using Wordpress.com is you are not allowed to download themes or plugins if you are using a free version.
- Lack of features and assisting tools for scaling up the website or blog commercially. In particular, the platform doesn’t have an e-commerce tool for a free plan.
Overall, Wordpress.com is an acceptable and free website builder with several good features and functionalities come along. However, it is only an ideal solution for blogging hobbies and beginners because it doesn’t have sufficient tools and features to build a larger website or business.
Read next: 8+ Best Affiliate Marketing Programs
Weebly is another great website builder due to the fact the platform offers numerous good features and functionalities to build a great blog. In addition, you can easily edit or design on Weebly without knowing any knowledge about coding.
Let’s move to the pros and cons of Weebly for your consideration.
- Pretty much similar to Blogger, and Wordpress.com, Weebly is a self-hosting platform, which means beginners don’t need to sign a contract with third parties web hosting providers for hosting their website. It offers a free hosting service.
- Weebly also has a feature for building an e-commerce website tool, in which you are free to sell online products on the Weebly platform.
- Even though it offers free hosting, Weebly has a ton of interesting features and design tools for creating a good blog and website. This is particularly one of the best website builders for beginners.
- As it is automatically hosted on your website ( hosting your website), this means you are not authorized to add new features or other plugins as you must stick with Weebly features and other tools.
7. Godaddy Website Builder
Godaddy is one of the biggest domain names and web hosting companies in the world. If you purchase web hosting with them, you will get a free domain for a year with a free website builder tool.
- Godaddy website builder is quite easy and simple to navigate around.
- Similar to Wordpress.org or Wordpress.com, you can use your phone or tablet to build your website by just installing the Godaddy website builder platform.
- Affordable web hosting plan and domain, which is an ideal solution for beginners with a limited budget.
- It’s almost impossible to move your website from Godaddy to WordPress due to technical difficulties and complex issues.
> 6 Best practices to Increase Google Adsense Earnings in 2023
> Can You Use AdSense and Amazon Affiliate Ads On The Same Website: 2023
> Guideline for Google AdSense Account Approval in 2023
By Far Wordpress.org is the best in the list of website builders in terms of features, functionalities, commercialization- business scale-up, and popularity worldwide.
However, depending on the specific purpose, you may select the right website builder to suit your personal needs and expectations.
In my opinion, I’m always a fan of Wordpress.Org, not Wordpress.com ( remember they are totally different, you may prefer another article about the difference between them and understand each one functionality). Because It offers comprehensive and excellent tools plus features to maximize the performance of your website or blog.
And in this case, if you plan to accelerate your professional or expand the business network, or even create a different side hustle income. Then, I urge everyone must take Wordpress.org into serious one consideration.
This’s because you will have a choice to either expand your site by selling products directly on your site or may want to install different plug-ins to establish different revenue streams. This could be a great way to build your business and wearily earn a real income through this business model.
Now, you would have a general idea, of which hosting platform you should select for starting a blog or website. And, to help you start a WordPress website:
Read next: Hostinger Review: Free WordPress Web Hosting
Don’t forget to share and Join us at Jns-millennial.com for more tips.
By Jiro Nguyen.
The content is only based on the author’s personal opinion and research experience. It is for informational purposes only and does not rely on as a comprehensive or substitute for professional advice.
Comments are closed.